The Technology Risk Reporting Manager is responsible for ensuring the reporting needs and demands of the organisation regarding Technology Risk are met efficiently, effectively and timely across the regular reporting schedule and ad-hoc/ targeted management information requests
In addition, the Reporting Manager is responsible for the on-going evolution of reporting capability, refining the existing framework to reduce duplication, standardise formats and drive greater insight from the available data
These responsibilities are delivered both individually, as part of the Technology Risk team and the wider Barclaycard COO Risk & Governance Team.
This role supports the Technology Risk team in meeting the reporting requirements of stakeholders within Barclaycard Technology, Barclaycard COO and other Barclaycard/ Barclay's Group Stakeholders/ Governance requirements. Timely, efficient and effective delivery of reports supporting Barclaycard/ Barclays Group governance is a key expectation of this role.
As a Risk Reporting Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Working with key stakeholders;
1. Understand client requirements and reflect in reports produced, challenging and prioritizing where necessary
2. Understand changes in reporting requirements, flex the existing reporting framework timely to meet the changing demands
3. Define a plan to move from data driven reports to management insight
4. Manage resourcing and the off-shore model
Supporting the BCOO Control Senior Technology Risk Partner, SBU will be responsible for developing excellent working relationships with internal clients, data providers and governance and risk reporting teams and colleagues.
Reporting and MI creation
1-8 below are aimed to ensure that Technology Risk Reporting is:
The Reporting Manager will be responsible for:
1. Managing reporting requirements, de-duplicating and re-cycling where possible and responding pro-actively to changing requirements
2. Maintenance of the reporting schedule, ensuring all contributors understand their obligations and delivering quality timely
3. Ensuring reporting is standardised
4. Providing pre-briefing to report AE
5. Ensuring the quality of data sources with a programme of independent review
6. Automation of reporting where possible/ practical
7. Managing on & off-shore resource
8. Providing editorial oversight of report creation
We expect you to bring the following:
· Proven ability to translate Stakeholder requirements into effective reports with innovative solutions
· Proven ability to quickly understand the topic and data being presented, and develop effective action plans that balance short-term requirements with long-term perspectives and business plans and expectations.
· Able to apply broad knowledge and reasoned experience when addressing complex problems and overcome organisational barriers and bureaucratic practices and avoid silo based approaches.
· Able to identify and addresses inefficiencies in processes driving resolution or escalating to the appropriate levels in a timely manner.
· Able to clearly define strategic issues in a fast-changing environment and effectively manage areas of ambiguity.
· Good understanding of IT balanced scorecards and management dashboards linked to KPIs and corresponding metrics.
· Ability to support and deliver through others, whether direct reports, virtual teams or 3 rd parties, working as part of a distributed global team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities with the ability to interact with and influence a range of senior stakeholders across the organisation.
· Data interpretation and reporting experience within a technology organisation.
· Line management experience covering on & off shore resources
· Previous experience of managing Middle and Senior Management relationships.
· Knowledge of Payment/Card Services industry and/ or Technology Risk environment
· Degree qualified (or equivalent) and/or High Performance track record throughout career.
By return, we are offering:
An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organisation and work with experienced professionals & subject matter experts. You will discover a high performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding developmental possibilities to increase your potential. We offer competitive salary packages and an annual discretionary compensation award. Private medical, life and accident insurance, plus other employee benefits are standard.
Talented people are the foundation of our success.
We'll judge you on your ability and nothing else.