Windows 10 excitement marks a pivotal moment for the Commercial business to transform the commercial value-proposition and make Windows 10 the best enterprise operating system ever. The Windows TSP will land new productivity, security and deployment scenarios in a rapidly changing technology and device world. The Windows TSP is dedicated to win the hearts and minds of customers through technical guidance and overall evangelism of Windows as a Service to drive rapid Windows 10 adoption and deployment in FY16 and beyond.
As a Windows Technical Solutions Professional (TSP) you will be part of a team of specialized technical resources that supports Microsoft Field sales teams in large sales and deployments of Windows 10. You will be a deep technical expert on Windows 10 and will play a critical role in the largest and most complex deployments. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in customer facing roles, be a deep subject matter expert in operating systems, manageability, and security and will have had a successful track record in large-scale Enterprise Windows deployments.
The Windows TSP role will play a paramount role in delivering and landing key technical and selling insights into the Field to scale the adoption of Windows 10. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Be a deep subject matter expert on Microsoft Windows operating systems in enterprise scenarios. Areas of focus include security, management, identity, serviceability and app deployment, including through Windows Store.
- Partner with the ATU to support them in closing Windows EAs and driving large-scale Windows 10 deployments, especially on the Current Branch.
- Work directly with Windows 10 early adopters to remove sales and technical blockers and support them in their migration planning and serviceability strategy (Current vs. LTSB).
- Drive proof of concepts and pilots for the high priority largest and most complex accounts ensuring successful outcomes in partnership with the ATS.
- Provide level 300-400 expertise to the field and support Windows evangelism efforts where deep technical knowledge is required.
- Drive Pilot/POC customer engagements in selected target key accounts.
- Work closely with early adopter customers to capture feedback and insights in advance of broad distribution.
- Provide leadership on Windows 10 in both the seller communities within Microsoft and our key partners.
- To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you have deep subject matter expertise in operating systems and a keen technical understanding of the Windows platform.
Specific qualifications include:
- Deep understanding of large-scale Windows platform migration and deployments including security, management and applications in the Enterprise.
- Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives and growing wallet share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Ability to successfully run proof of concept and pilots that result in successful outcomes.
- Strong ability to demo and deliver excellent technically based customer presentations.
- Experience driving technical discussion for maximum customer impact and understanding.
- Experience in removing sales and technology blockers in a matrix organization.
• 5+ years of management and success in managing technical resources in complex selling processes (where necessary, managing various customers stakeholders (Primary: TDM, Secondary: BDM)) relationships to get consensus on solution / projects.
• 5+ years design and/or implementation and/or support of operating system sales.
• 3+ years’ experience in driving successful customer engagements with a focus on Windows in Enterprise scenarios.
• Deep working knowledge of the following operating system areas:
Security & Management, including SCCM and the Enterprise Mobility Suite
Line of Business Apps (ISV and Custom)
Enterprise deployment planning and migration across scenarios
• Strong experience with Enterprise deployment practices.
Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired, MBA