The Technology Support Services (TSS) Sales Specialist will be responsible for creating a sales pipeline and closing of deals for TSS Annuity Contracts, Attach CarePack Services and Lifecycle Events Services within key verticals in Nigeria.
• Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in specialty area (support services).
• Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's services better.
• Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
• Work closely with and support account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C-level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts.
• Will focus on growing contractual renewals for mid size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
• Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
• Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization
Scope and Impact
May invest time working external partners.
Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer; interfaces with all levels, including highest within customer organization.
Education and Experience Required:
University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Directly related previous work experience.
Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
Extensive vertical industry knowledge required.
Typically 6-8 years advanced sales experience required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Is considered an expert in knowledge of solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
Excellent project management skills.
Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
Understands how to leverage HP's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
Understands selling of services sales.
Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.