Purpose (Identify Business Need)
The Test Automation Engineer will help design, develop and implement a scalabe test automation framework. This framework will support automated test script creation for applications on a variety of platforms such as Web, Mobile, desktop, etc.
- Design, Develop and maintain test automation framework using HP Suite of automated testing tools such as HP UFT and HP ALM QC
- Design and implement modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy testing requirements.
- Design and implement re-usable Automation test scripts using industry standard tools (HP QTP/UFT, SeeTest and/or open source tool).
- Design, write, develop and execute tests for business requirements that are scalable, repeatable and measurable.
- Participate in design and development of automated test cases for Mobile Applications.
- Develop optimized QTP scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files
- Setup, configure, and maintain the automated testing environments and framework using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Develop various function libraries,
- Develop and maintain test scripts that automate testing of enterprise applications through the entire product life cycle
- Develop and execute project tasks and plans that meet time lines and release requirements.
- Follow testing schedule and communicate testing progress.
- Perform deliverables tracking and reporting as assigned.
- Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Monitors progress of testing efforts to ensure deadlines are met.
Technologies Candidate Will Use:
- HP UFT
- HP Quality Center
- MS Project
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- VB/VB Script
- Java Script
- Expert in VBScript. Minimum 2 years experience (QTP uses VBScript as its scripting language.)
- Skilled in the following testing toolsets: HP Suite (QTP, Service Test)
- Knowledgeable in Automated Testing, and Problem Management methodologies
- Strong understanding and experience working with Object Repository
- Experience working with framework based automation environment.
- Experience working with Mobile application automation on either iOS or Android platform.
- Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practices with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy, test cases, and test scripts.
- Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
- Strong understanding of basic SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition
- Proficiency with programming and/or scripting and in depth understanding of object oriented design.