Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- advising on specialist equipment to assist with daily activities;
- developing a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence;
- advising on home and workplace environmental alterations, such as adjustments for wheelchair access;
- teaching anxiety management techniques;
- assisting people to return to work;
- coaching people with learning difficulties or poor social skills, e.g. in handling money and social interaction;
- mentoring people on how to control their own behaviour;
- liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers;
- writing reports and attending multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment;
- organising support and rehabilitation groups for careers and clients;
- training students and supervising the work of occupational therapy assistants;
- managing a caseload, prioritising needs, and completing administrative tasks such as patient and budgetary records.
- Interviews residents to obtain information concerning social history, treatment and other pertinent information.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment, behavior modification, and stress management therapy to assist residents in developing/displaying appropriate behaviors.
- Observes residents to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
- Reviews results of tests given by psychologists to evaluate residents’ needs.
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by resident reactions/needs.
- Discusses progress toward goals with residents such as medication regiment, family relationships, educational programs, social development, discharge plans or other behavioral problems.
- Consults with psychologist/psychiatrist or other specialists concerning treatment plans and amends plans as required.
- Maintains regular contacts with other agencies/professionals regarding client progress in the therapeutic treatment program through phone calls, letters, and/or monthly reporting.
- Refers resident to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Serves as “on-call” or “on-duty” supervisor as assigned.
- Conducts a minimum of at least one group therapy session per week, and one individual therapy session per week for each resident.
- Completes and maintains individual and group counseling notes and documentation within 24 hours following the treatment session excluding weekends and holidays.
- Develops and implements appropriate discharge planning with resident, family, and placing agency.
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with external customers, families and residents and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Qualification and Requirements:
Minimum of first degree in a relevant field from a reputable institution
Possession of Master’s Level Therapist: LMHC, LMFT, LCSW is an added advantages
Possesses ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
Possesses ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possesses valid driver license.
- Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application as an attachment to; email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 30th August, 2014.