• Brings deep respiratory therapy area expertise into the company and uses that expertise to add value internally by contributing to GSK medical/commercial strategy development and execution, and externally through engagement with HCPs, academics, opinion leaders and other stakeholders.
• Leverages respiratory therapy area expertise to ensure GSK produces best in class, customer-centric medical and commercial strategies and tactics.
• Speaks at congresses, symposia, webinars and other internal or external meetings. Topics may vary from purely scientific to GSK product-focused talks.
• Supports Commercial Excellence teams in ensuring sales and marketing personnel have a depth of understanding that enables them to conduct their roles successfully.
• Engages with opinion leaders and academics to align GSKs research agenda to local research priorities. This may include supporting implementation of a GSK clinical trials program or an investigator sponsored study.
• Works closely with the country’s medical advisors to ensure robust country plan development and execution.
• At the Area level the TA lead works and interacts with peers from other Clusters/Countries to support Area strategies. The TA lead is expected to cultivate a strong network internally in order to leverage GSKs considerable resources, particularly at the global level.
• Ensures that all activities undertaken are within the bounds of GSK local and/or international ethical standards, whichever is stricter.
MB.ChB or equivalent
• Post graduate medical qualification (FWACP or equivalent Consultant Physician) with significant clinical or research experience in respiratory medicine
• Great communication skills and fluency in English
• Strategic thinker
• Has published in the field of interest (Respiratory)
• Strong business and financial acumen