Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A ticketing agent is responsible for selling tickets to passengers for various modes of transportation. This includes airliners, commercial bus lines and railroads. In some instances, ticketing agents also sell tickets for ferries and other water transport
1) Sells tickets for transportation agencies, such as airlines, bus companies, railroads, and steamship lines: Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books, and computer terminals.
2) Ensures that cabins, seats, or space is available.
3) Answers inquiries regarding airplane, train, bus, or boat schedules and accommodations.
4) May check baggage and direct passenger to designated concourse, pier, or track for loading.
5) May make public address announcements of arrivals and departures.
6) May sell travel insurance.
Minimum of SSCE and must be fluent in one or more foreign languages. Communications classes and computer-training courses are also pluses for those considering a career as a travel agent.