Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
· 1) Tends machine that prints information, such as price, size, style, or color, on identification tags or labeling material: Selects type, according to specifications, and inserts type into machine, using tweezers, or turns dial on machine to move type into printing position.
· 2) Mounts roll of tags or labeling material on machine brackets and threads end of roll through feeding device.
· 3) Applies liquid or paste ink to printing rollers or printing pad on machine, using applicator.
· 4) Flips switch or depresses pedal to start machine that automatically prints information on tags or material.
· 5) Observes printed tags or material during start-up for defects, such as crooked lines, blurred print, or off-centered printing, and turns knobs or repositions printing plate, using handtools, to adjust machine.
· 1) Removes printed material from delivery end of machine.
· 2) May turn crank to print information on tags or material.
· 3) May cut individual labels or tags from rolls of material, using scissors.
· 4) May tend machine equipped with automatic cutter and counting control that stops machine when specified number of tickets have been printed.
· 5) May tend machine that threads string through holes in tags or labels.
· 6) May tend machine that automatically prints identifying information on ticket and pins ticket to articles and be designated Pin-Ticket-Machine Operator.
Interested applicants should have a minimum of OND and any other qualification will be an added advantage.