A. Where relevant, managing local services for AML transaction surveillance.
B. Developing local financial crime risk related, actionable, intelligence.
C. Supporting Country Head of Legal and Compliance in internal investigations (defined below).
D. Supporting Country Head Legal and Compliance in the Country level Speaking Up Programme
E. Supporting the Group’s Anti-Bribery Programme.
-Establish measures to identify suspicious activity and provide support to Country Head of compliance in reporting to the relevant authorities.
-Quality testing financial crime surveillance and intelligence outputs from Detica. Assisting Country head of compliance in providing the second line assurance to business and functional management that these capabilities are managed to industry standards and providing assurance to local management that AML / CFT / Sanctions risks are managed within the country.
-Ensure that Cases escalated from Chennai / Business (Internal Reports) are disposed off within as less TAT as possible but never beyond set TAT.
-Gradually improve the alert to SAR ratio by meeting 1% by H1- 2014 and 1.75% by H2- 2014
-Conduct Quality performance for the alerts / cases processed by Chennai and provide feedback in a timely manner.
-Coordinate with respective country FCR (under FCIO model) in understanding on day to day activities.
-Participate at least 90% of the monthly service review meetings.
-Proactively escalate the risk identified to Country Head of Compliance and Head FCIO and work towards for resolution.
-Demonstrate High level of preparedness for any Audit. Ensure the support is extended to the country Head of compliance at all times more specifically during regulatory/ audit visit.
-Ensure absolutely no adverse Audit comments.
-Demonstrate working closely with Technology, GAMLP, and Product head on Implementation/ migration of new roll outs/ on issues management.
-Perform Quality Assurance on CMR alerts processed by Chennai and in-country and provide feedback as per the agreed timelines.
-Work closely with Country Head of Compliance and ensure that the lists (AOC/CMR/SCSTAR/ IWL/CB Notices) are updated at all times and have been actioned within the agreed timelines.
-Raise awareness of risks faced by the bank from money-laundering and sanctions-related issues including regulatory impact, reputation loss resulting in financial loss (e.g. regulatory fine following breaches) by supporting the FCR team and BMLPO teams in training sessions
-Actively assist Country Head of Compliance in performing in-depth AML Reviews as part of the RCAR / Country Compliance Monitoring framework.
-Constantly provide inputs on the false positive management / process improvement for effectiveness.
-Assist Regional Head –RFCIO in preparing Quarterly Intel Bulletin to the senior management.
-Provide financial crime surveillance and intelligence capabilities to monitor CB and WB customers and staff for unusual activity and to escalate issues that require review or investigation.
-Monitor developments in external/internal financial crime risks including trends. Develop responses and advise the business on financial crime risks and trends. Identify trends of significant fraud and money laundering through regional metrics.
-Manage relationships with FCR Operations vendors in the country so that external specialist support is available when required.
-Conduct financial crime risk assessments to identify country level risks.
-Provide investigation capabilities. Assist the Regional FCC team in conducting significant investigations. Conduct investigations in line with the Group standards for investigations in the country / region including case management, data capture and reporting.
-Assist County Head of compliance in the Implementation and management of Speaking Up in country with assistance from Regional Head of FCC. Speaking Up cases received directly in country must be updated in Enterprise Investigation Management (“EIM”).
-Assist County Head of compliance in Leading the Anti-Bribery activities in country; form an Anti-Bribery network of business and functional representatives in country; perform gap analysis between the Group Anti-Bribery policy and procedures and Country Requirements (laws and regulations); maintain awareness of the Groups Anti-Bribery programme; training on Group Anti-Bribery policy and procedures.
Other responsibilities include the following:
-Relationship Management with Country Head of Compliance, Coordinate with business to provide a response to local production orders, court orders, request for information from regulators or law enforcement agencies.
-Co-ordination with GIA to ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of surveillance and investigations related audit findings in the first line.
-Co-ordination with Country Compliance to ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of surveillance and investigations related Regulatory findings.
• Experience in the financial services industry and FCR management.
In relation to AML
• Fluent in Arabic and English (speak, read and write)
• Have a good knowledge of the Group, the Policies, Procedures and Standards relating to Financial Crime Risk, as well as knowledge of the local regulations and legislation on AML/CTF and sanctions.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills. Strong responsibility and organisation skills. Strong drafting skills.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills – written and verbal including presentation skills. Strong learner, intellect and relater.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to complete tasks in timely manner.
• Self-motivated and self-reliant, with the ability to provide practical and effective advice. Inclusive style and good listening skills are required.
• Being able to accept challenge, listen to the other point of view and adapt your approach accordingly is essential.
• Good judgement. Excellent collaborative and team playing skills. Diplomacy, empathy and a ‘can-do attitude’. Politeness, sensitivity and the ability to gently, but professionally stand your ground when needed.
• An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions. Personal authority and integrity. Independence, creativity, resourcefulness and resilience.
• Sound working knowledge of MS Office suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must possess ability to assess risk, strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Understanding of the key features of relevant FCR laws and regulations that affect the Group.