Huawei Technologies is a leader in providing next generation telecommunications networks for operators around the world. The company is committed to providing innovative and customized products, services and solutions to create long-term value and potential growth for its customers.
Huawei's products and solutions cover wireless products (HSDPAIWCDMAlEDGEI GPRS/GSM, CDMA2000 1xEV-DOiCDMA2000 1X, WiMAX), core network products (IMS, Mobile Soft switch. NGN),network products (FTTx, xDSL. Optical.Routers, LAN Switch)" application and software (IN. mobile data service, BOSS), as well as terminals (UMTS/CDMA). Major products are based on Huawei's self-designed ASIC chips and shared platforms to provide high-quality and cost-effective products and solutions with quick response.
Huawei's products are deployed in over 100 countries, and serve 28 of the world's top 50 operators, as well as over one billion users worldwide.
- Supervise the periodic maintenance of the system and, when necessary, request field service from system vendors.
- Maintain the operating integrity of the system by managing, tuning and ensuring optimal performance of the system and ensuring that all the components of the system are at the current patch levels in line with the Customer’s
- Enterprise software Update Policy
- Co-ordinate the archiving of data from disk to tape or other media and retrieval from archive
- Maintain periodic system backups and have HP Network Node Manager Experience
- Ability to fully administratively manage OMW system and ability to develop Operation manager policies to monitor non standard applications
- Ability to design and architect changes to OMW message stream and Experience working with OM agents
- Experience with HP Business Process Monitor (BPM), Business Service Management (BSM). Network Automation, OMi, Storage Essentials (SE), uCMDB and Service Manager
- Familiarity and experience with ITIL and its processes.
- Ability to gather and understand business requirements and adapt technical solutions to business needs.
- Maintain a log of system problems and communicate them to operators and OEM’s.
- Enable fast fault resolution and restoration time (Mean Time to Repair - MTTR) through accurate fault localization and notifications.
- Improve infrastructure-planning and business planning decisions by maintaining and analyzing past and present performance data.
- Identify capacity upgrades before performance degradations occur.
- Monitor quality of Service and send an alarm on any deterioration of Service.
- Monitor and send an alarm on integrity of in-scope Services.
- Maintain unified and integrated view of the end-to-end IT infrastructure, data centre and Services.
- Application and business process configuration management
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience preferably in the Telecoms with at least three (3) years at supervisory position
- Experience in a Telecom Engineering Company, Telecoms Vendor or ICT is preferred and is of top-priority
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering or relevant Degree as applicable
- Good customer service orientation, communication skills, good team spirit and has ability to work independently
- Should ho ready to work under pressure in all kind of working condition.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word. excel and PowerPoint)
- Applicants should be open to learning new skills and technology
- Self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and fluent in English both oral and written.
- Must be ready for international project to the other African countries.
- Successful applicants should be Goal-oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills, and be a very good team player.
- The successful applicant should be good at information’ gathering and analysis