The Trade Marketing Executive assists the Trade Marketing Manager and Senior Trade Marketing Executive in implementing the marketing activities in the local market, manages local relationships and analyze the sales. He/she is responsible for executing local marketing action plan and acts as a country liaison (customers, retailers, mall, competition)
- Implementation of the in-store marketing animation plan/guidelines from Retail Marketing Manager/Brand manager
- Oversees the performance and reports it to Retail Marketing Manager/Brand manager
- Analyzes profitability of the store/brands & monitors market share
- Conducts monthly reports on customer & sales analysis, shopper insights, traffic in store and store KPI’s
- Monitors customer feedback
- Responsible for the coordination/execution of the sales force animation program (brands training, incentive, data collection)
- Acts as a country liaison with retailers, malls
- Manage podium bookings, podium creation & annual advertising space opportunity with malls
- Source local service providers
- Analyze competition, best practices in local market and reports to Retail Marketing Manager / Brand Manager
- Responsible for forecasting new products orders & logistics coordination
- Additional tasks might be required, in reasonable alignment with the job role
ACTIONABLE CONSUMER AND SHOPPER INSIGHTS
- Uses all available data sources (including EDGE) proactively to draw on existing knowledge, uses them to create holistic analysis and make recommendations that drives action in the business.
- Proactively identifies knowledge gaps and proposes action to fill them.
- Uses their in depth understanding of the consumer and shopper to develop specific and relevant insights and customer segmentation.
- Transforms consumer and shopper insight into actions that achieve long term competitive advantage and commercial gain for the brand, category or store.
- Proactively tracks wider consumer, shopper and industry developments and is able to anticipate potential future trends resulting from them.
- Uses the most relevant and precise brand and business performance measures tailored to the specific context and objectives of their brand, category or store.
- Regularly and diligently reviews agreed KPIs for their brand, category or store and is quick to identify and address issues and opportunities emerging from the KPI tracking.
- Evaluates past activities to establish ROIs and relentlessly seeks ways to improve effectiveness
- Has in depth understanding of local and key international competitors, actively monitors their activity and proposes tactical actions against them.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MARKETING
- Collects shopper observations from their store operation and uses Single Customer View and BI analysis to define actions that will attract new customers and old customers more often.
- Identifies the easiest and most effective ways to change specific shopper behaviour (trial, product or personal loyalty, cross-sell or up-sell) and exploits direct marketing techniques in store and with the staff to drive increased sales.
- Reviews store KPIs at a regular basis and adapts actions accordingly.
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit in stealing ideas and exploiting competitors weaknesses to drive traffic in store and shopper purchase conversion.
- Ensures all initiatives and actions have a clear financial target quantifies before implementing them and reviews all of them against their agreed commercial benchmarks.
EXCELLENT IN STORE EXECUTION
- Fully delivers all brand assortment, merchandising and display, pricing and promotional guidelines consistently.
- Takes pride in high standards of implementation and service.
- Establishes a close working relationship with the regional team and gives them early and actionable feedback about local requirements.
- Provides examples and data that help to explain the local requirements objectively.
- Is fully focused on improving business performance and proactively reviews other store initiatives to identify and adopt best practise.
- Creates and cultivates strong relationships with local stakeholders and suppliers.
- Uses the relationships to better understand the trends and developments in local markets.
- Understands innovation encompasses all areas of business including new products, processes, services and technologies.
- Is able to contribute value adding innovation ideas in all areas with a sharp focus on how these ideas can significantly improve brand, category or store performance.
- Uses EDGE and other data sources to apply and adopt best practise learning in their own brand, category or store environment.
- Supports and contributes to EDGE by providing their own examples and inspirations from the external world.
BRAND AND CATEGORY STRATEGY
- Is able to contribute to the brand strategy discussions through basic understanding of market dynamics, brand health and commercial acumen.
- Can explain the consumer & shopper segmentation, Category triggers & barriers and growth drivers and uses them to contribute ideas that have the potential to drive growth.
- Understands all key elements of the Brand Positioning Statement and is rigorous in applying the brand guidelines consistently in all brand activities.
INTEGRATED BRAND COMMUNICATION
- Understands the target consumer, the different media choices and is able to contribute to insightful consumer and shopper touch point ideas.
- Has knowledge of the main principles that determine communication effectiveness. (impact, branding, message)
- Has a strong understanding of the available digital options (mobile, social, search, video, gaming, e-commerce etc).
REGIONAL BRAND ACTIVITY PLANS
- Understands the different stages and elements in the brand planning process and supports the implementation of the plans.
- Understands the difference between tactical and strategically motivated activities.
Achievement Drive and Initiative: The drive to meet and exceed goals and standards of excellence; the ability to take prompt actions to achieve goals beyond requirements, to seek out new responsibilities and acts on opportunities
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving: The ability to approach data and situations logically, to break down problems into their component parts and look for underlying causes or thinking through the consequences of different courses of action
Communication: The ability to plan and deliver communications in an impactful, persuasive and tactful way
Concern for Quality: The ability to check processes and tasks accurately and to ensure high quality standards and output
Partnering and Team Working: The ability to build and maintain positive and effective relationships as well as to value the opinion of others
Planning and Organizing: The ability to plan and prioritize work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks
EDUCATION University Degree in Business or Marketing
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE 1 to 3 years of relevant experience, Marketing of global brands in FMCG, Luxury, B to B, Brand development, Trade Marketing, Retail Marketing, ideally for multiple networks and multiple markets
LINGUISTIC SKILLS Excellent English and Arabic is required.