The ideal person will assist the Senior Geophysicist in all geophysical acquisitions and evaluations. He will be responsible for Map production, geodetic referencing and Data Management functions.
• Collate, organize, index, and archive all exploration data into a Database.
• Continually update the database with new data/information.
• Manage all data search and retrieval procedures within the department.
• Produce, edit, format maps using the ArcGIS software for purposes of referencing and presentations.
• Minimum of a 2nd Class Honours University degree in Geology or Geophysics.
• Ability to use the ArcGIS software.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and produce independent work.
• Good (verbal & written) communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
• Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Teachable and willing to share knowledge as well.
• Conversant with the use of Microsoft Office Tools, especially Powerpoint, PDF and MS Project