Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Create or reproduce hand-made objects for sale and exhibition using a variety of techniques, such as welding, weaving, pottery, and needlecraft.
1) Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials.
2) Develop concepts or creative ideas for craft objects.
3) Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
4) Sketch or draw objects to be crafted.
5) Develop designs using specialized computer software.
6) Create prototypes or models of objects to be crafted.
7) Fabricate patterns or templates to guide craft production.
8) Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, and/or machinery.
9) Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.
10) Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
11) Research craft trends, venues, and customer buying patterns in order to inspire designs and marketing strategies.
12) Develop product packaging, display and pricing strategies.
13) Advertise products and work, using media such as internet advertising and brochures.
14) Attend craft shows to market products.
15) Confer with customers to assess customer needs or obtain feedback.
Minimum of ND