The Training & Development Manager under the supervision of the Head Human Resources is charged with organisational and employee training and career development to improve performance and competitive advantage.
• Assess relevant training needs for employees and the organisation, using surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups or in consultation with the departmental heads.
• Develop organisation strategy and plans to meet training and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow up as necessary
• Develop a process and system of determining the competence of employees periodically with a view to addressing gaps.
• Design and deliver training programmes necessary to meet identified training needs and statutory requirements.
• Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropraite standards
• Monitor and report on training activities, costs, performance, etc, as required
• Develop trainer development programs, supervise and coach in-house resources involved in training efforts in effective techniques for training
•Develop a systematic on-the-job training and take ownership of providing guidance to Managers and on-the-job trainers for effectiveness.