This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced and professional learning organisation that provides learning support to Caterpillar’s UK business units. The EAME Develop team is part of Caterpillar Shared Services organisation. The team consists of on-site learning teams and centralised support teams. This role is responsible for leading our regional team based in the North East. Your principle customer will be Caterpillar Peterlee, which is the worldwide manufacturing source for Articulated Trucks and currently has approximately one third of the worldwide market. Articulated Trucks are 6 wheel-drive hauling units designed for a wide range of terrain and job conditions. You will also provide support to other divisions of Caterpillar who are based on-site or within the region.
Responsibilities are to develop and execute training strategies to ensure Caterpillar employees are knowledgeable in the appropriate application/usage of systems and processes applicable to their roles. In addition, you will deliver necessary business unit specific training. You will also be responsible for supporting the deployment of Corporate and UK learning initiatives. You will work closely with the local business senior management team on strategic learning & development initiatives and collaborate extensively with your learning team colleagues in the wider UK team.
• Accountable for learning strategy and execution for Articulated Trucks. Including creation and deployment of the Articulated Trucks Learning Plan.
• Responsible for execution of the plan and metrics associated with delivery of the plan and overall performance. Also provides support to other business units located within the region.
• Accountable for the Learning Centre – includes running and maintenance of the CPS Simulated Work Environment and Assembly Learning Cart. Management of budget and overall strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring smooth delivery of all learning programmes within the Learning Centre
• CPS Responsibilities - Work in partnership with CPS Deployment Champion and UK CPS Team to facilitate delivery of CPS objectives
• Direct line supervisory responsibilities for North East Learning Coordinator, Health & Safety Training Specialist, Develop Consultant & CPS trainers.
• Key customer relationship with ILD (Infinite Learning & Development), The Foundation of Light and local business forums
• Deliver corporate courses that form part of Caterpillars Leadership Framework
• Responsible for Education Assistance Programme
• Support management of facility training budgets.
• Ensure all audit requirements for CPS, Safety and Quality are maintained
• Management of AT Training records (CLMS)
• Consultancy support for all departments
• Work with government agencies to identify potential funding streams
• Excellent leadership skills. This position manages completion of its own assignments and those of the team.
• College degree or equivalent experience with specific industry or training experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise requests appropriately to meet departmental objectives and requirements.
• Ability to demonstrate creativity, foresight, business judgment, and strong motivational capabilities.
• Experience of managing a budget.
• Good interpersonal skills are required to develop a collaborative and cooperative work relationship with a broad group of stakeholders.
• Ability to keep up to date with training trends and changing technologies to support training execution.
• Experience in developing training material and training delivery.
• 6 Sigma experience is highly desired with preference given to certification.
• Awareness of Caterpillar's Production System is highly desired.