Department : Sub-Saharan Africa
Responsible for implementation of AstraZeneca Sales training plan and schedule across AstraZeneca West Africa. Define and implement high standards of training and support to the sales force to enable to enable them to maximise customer impact, achieve business goals and optimise stakeholder relations, aligned to market need and the AstraZeneca business strategies.
Key performance areas
- Sales Training strategy and training plan implement and achieved
- In conjuction with the cross-functional team, develop a sales training plan aligned with business strategies, plans and objectives, ensuring correct diagnosis and appropriate actions for the sales force.
- Develop and finalise the training schedules and ensure that these maximise impact and define accurate timelines for sales training implementation. Drive the training programme across the sales division ensuring full buy-in by sales force to maximise customer impact.
- Work in close collaboration with Sales Managers ensuring training objectives are understood and actively supported.
- Keep the training plan updated and identify and act on opportunities-combine forethought with action, to ensure that training objectives are realised
- Deliver facilitator-led training in accordance with the training schedule and adhoc training needs.
- Sales Training material developed, customised and aligned
- Review current training material and determine need to review and enhance existing training material and tools to ensure continuous alignment with business priorities, take appropriate action.
- Develop new training material and customer global training resources for local market. Ensure compliance of training material to the global guidelines
- Develop role plays, assignments and knowledge assessments based on training material to ensure accurate assessment of participants knowledge and understanding.
- Evaluated and enhanced training programme
- Assess the effectiveness of the learning initiatives and determine if stated training objectives have been met, take appropriate action as required
- Follow up the learning interventions inorder to enhance the integration of the learnings
- Complete administrative requirements for pre-training and post-training
- Optimised stakeholder relationship
- Personal effectiveness
- Alignment of personal and company values
- Adverse event reporting
- Safety Health and Environment
Proven track record in sales in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably 3+ years
Qualified Pharmacist, or equivalent degree
Training experience a distinct advantage (but not essential)
Excellent Interpersonal skills
Strong presentation skills
Proven competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.