-Plans the department’s annual goals and objectives and devises a training strategy based on the company’s strategic directions and priorities.
-Manages roll-out of system-wide projects/programs in the areas of product training, technical and management systems, customer care/delight and leadership programs and other key initiatives.
-Identifies training needs specifically for operations employees through appraisal schemes and regular consultation with line managers.
-Sets policies related to the management of the training operations in the Company. Ensures that training policies are adhered to within the organization
-Conceptualizes, designs and develops training and other related interventions/projects that have system-wide application in support of the Company objectives. Coordinates with other departments.
- Reviews and approves the training designs, project concepts and schedules developed by the Training Officers.
- Helps line managers and trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
- Delivers training sessions.
- Monitors the implementation of the department’s programs and projects through post-evaluation. Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of delivery of training programs.
- Prepares the department’s annual budget and monitors the use of resources to include evaluation of and negotiation with external suppliers. Recommends the use of capital expenditures and services to the Head Of HR.
- Supervises the work of trainers and evaluates the performance of the Training Department’s personnel periodically.
- Amends and revises programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- May perform full range of duties necessary to develop and produce video tapes, slide presentations and other audio/visual materials for use in training.