Reporting to the Training coordinator you will be responsible for the application of the full training cycle (identify training needs, arrange for employees to attend required training, performing cost control, coaching and mentoring, training personnel, undertake document control, moderation and record keeping and reporting to the supervisor) in Underground mining.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Delivery of Underground training and quality assurance
• Maintain training programmes and assessments
• Control and maintain the administration of training documents
• Coach and guide trainees
• Ensure compliance ISO standards
• Stay abreast with the requirements of the Mine Health and Safety Act
• Required to work according to the mine Code of Practice, and report any observations of this not being done
• Ensure personal and co-workers’ adherence and compliance to Security and Company’s SHE objectives
• Seven years’ experience in Underground training
• BSc Mining Engineering or its equivalent
• Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English
• Sound planning, leading and organizational abilities
• Facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team
• Current Drivers Licence.
Qualification Required & Experience
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Microsoft Word /Excel /Data Base
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Current and valid driver’s license required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Good knowledge and/or experience of underground operations