The Training Services Manager for Nigeria will oversee overall operations for Petrofac Training Services in Nigeria. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and managing key client relationships, managing and overseeing delivering of training across key engagements, management of training centres. All country operations would need to be managed sustainably and profitably as an independent P&L.
- Accountable for delivery of revenue and NI targets across different business streams across Nigeria operation
- Technical Training (Operations, Maintenance & Construction skills)
- Competency Consultancy
- Key role in developing and managing contractual arrangements with NPDC towards the building and delivery the Centre of Excellence for O&G Technical training.
- Drive stakeholder engagement with NPDC/NCDMB to help identify niche training areas that need investment and focus. This may require engagement across levels in the said organisations to understand organization requirements and translate to training and development needs.
- Work towards generating business opportunities with other private operator and service companies in the country.
- Operations management of training facilities, existing or new ones to be created, with responsibility for revenue, profit, cash and quality targets as well as ensuring cost effective services to clients.
- Agreeing annual budgets, and producing detailed business operating plans; while interfacing effectively with the Service line leads to identify, develop and build on opportunities across the suite of Petrofac Training Services.
- Support with building a local team, recruitment of staff as required, performance management, development & engagement.
- Drive rigour in capability planning, performance management, team development and engagement initiatives to build a world class team focused on delivery in line with Petrofac values.
- The position will work closely with other Petrofac leaders in Nigeria; collaborate on IES Projects that provide the income streams for Petrofac Training in Nigeria.
- Intense client interaction and the challenge of building the business in a new region/country.
- Identification of relevant business development opportunities to grow the business.
- Mapping NPDC requirements and provide consultancy and buy-in on the appropriate structure of the training organization to meet workforce requirements
- Understanding and maintaining up to date knowledge of market and Petrofac’s position within it
- Budget planning/short/long term/forecasting
- Directing/motivating/focusing operations teams on key performance targets
- Staff development and management
- Resource forecasting to meet current and future business needs
- Management of multiple projects and personnel in Nigeria. Team size including contractors over a period of 3-5 years would be 50+
- Incumbent will have responsibility for delivery and execution of projects and training centre operations in the range of USD 15-20 mn over the next 3-5 years. Will be responsible for growth and maintaining profitable operations.
- Demonstrable senior management experience in the leadership and development of oil and gas resources; preferable focused experience of managing a profitable technical training centre.
- Demonstrable experience of financial/budget management/understanding of P&L and budget process $10m+ per annum
- Demonstrable experience of delivering cost saving activities and organisational efficiency improvement programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing quality systems within a Technical Training Centre environment
- Ability to manage professional staff and work in a team environment
- Experience of managing multi-cultural workforces
- Strong technical engineering, project engineering or operations management background
- Educated to a minimum of HNC/D and/or Degree in Technical Engineering or Productions Operations discipline
- Understanding of oil and gas based construction skills training programmes, delivery practices and accreditation standards/awarding bodies.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and targets
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing culturally diverse teams of professional training and support related staff
- Ability to communicate at all levels; fluent in English.
Frequent business travel; potential rotational package in Nigeria (6 working weeks followed by a 2 week break)