Our FS Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within TAS and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
Typically, you'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
You'll also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management and recruitment.
• Based on understanding the key business drivers, prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact funding requirements and deal valuation
• Perform industry and company research utilising online tools and publicly available information
• Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
• Prepare client deliverables including excel databook analysis, reports, presentations and discussion packs
• Assist in managing the input of other service lines to the assignment, gaining a good overall understanding of the key issues for the proposed transaction
• Develop and maintain an external and internal network of contacts through personal contacts and previous client assignments.
Technical skills requirements:
• ACA or equivalent qualified
• Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services sector (either from within an Audit or Transaction Support role)
Additional skills requirements:
• Strong academic record including a degree
• Demonstrate a keen interest in financial services activity
• Excellent analytical, IT and interpersonal abilities
• Ability to work well within a team
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
• Strong word, excel and PowerPoint skills