- The Funds Transfer Head coordinates and manages the processing of all foreign and local currency related transfers as well as the workflow system for all customers.
- This position is key in ensuring timely and quality service delivery in line with agreed service standards by constant liaison with CitiService, Relationship Managers, Electronic Banking, TTS, SFS, and other internal units.
- The job position is also required as a key resource in the selection of excellent hands during recruitment, training of new hires and facilitation of entry level operations courses.
- Monitoring of all foreign currency Inflows to ensure timely and prompt application to client’s account
- Monitoring of established benchmarks on internal account to ensure the established thresholds are not breached.
- Issuance of Certificate of Capital Importation Certificate in line with stipulated regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance to regulations and timely rendition of regulatory returns to Central Bank of Nigeria and other regulatory bodies.
- Responding to customer enquiries emanating directly from customers, both internal and external sources.
- Coordination and monitoring of activities relating to foreign currency checks (Cash Letter & Multi Currency Letter Services) processing to ensure timely mailing and receipt of proceeds through our correspondent banks.
- Co-ordination of processing of all inward and outward telegraphic transfers within the frame work of Central Bank of Nigeria’s regulation and CITIBANK procedures.
- Co-ordination and monitoring all local inward and outward payments (NEFT, RTGS, NIPs, DDs, Book transfers) including salaries, vendors, to ensure seamless and prompt service delivery.
- Co-ordinating Managers Checks processing/printing and delivery processes for excellence in service.
- Provide guidance and support to subordinates to ensure professionalism and positioning to deliver error free Processing.
- General supervision of the Funds Transfer department to ensure strict adherence to regulatory and Institutional policies as well as departmental procedures.
- General administration including Training for career developments and closing of knowledge gaps, vacations for rest & recreation, meetings to communicate and address issues etc.
- Managing the activities of the Outsourced functions to ensure no breach in service quality, TATs etc.
- Work with Product Teams to develop new products to meet client needs
- Work with EB/Implementation team to carry out tests on new applications/products and various UATs before they are deployed to production.
- Plan and co-ordinate MCA for the unit. Ensure that all MCA exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed. Ensure that satisfactory MCA and IA ratings are achieved for various products and processes. Ensure that CBN, NDIC and any regulator audits are satisfactory.
- Ensure that processing teams adhere to service delivery standards, operating procedures and PCFCs.
- Monitor all processes for optimum performance and initiate/participate in process improvement steps where necessary. Review service delivery standards in line with customer and business requirements. Establish trends and conduct analysis to measure efficiency.
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the department as a whole, with guidance on interpretation on all applicable policies.
- Drive continuous improvement in customer and employee satisfaction through various initiatives contribute to the growth and sustainability of the business portfolio.
- The role relates to various internal parties including; Various Operations departments, Treasury, Products, Internal Correspondent banks, Business units, Citiservices and the outsourced teams.
- Other parties external to Citi include NIBSS, The Central bank of Nigeria, courier companies etc.