- The Transmission Engineer will be responsible for the operations of the SDH components in the Main One Optical Transmission Network interfacing with the terrestrial and transoceanic fibre optic cable systems.
Specifically his/her responsibilities shall also include:
- Co-ordination of site surveys for PoPs and the planning of new equipment cabins and towers
- Overall project planning, delivery and update of the milestone project plan
- Provide support as delegated on last mile connections, including microwave radio technology deployment
- Interpretation of MW Link Budgets
- Support the team in the planning, dimensioning and implementation of optical SDH transmission equipment
- Work directly with Vendor support to manage the Optical Transmission Network (OTN).
- Coordinate and manage equipment installation services, OTN component vendors and schedules
- Report on capacity, inventory and utilization of applicable transmission and carrier equipment configurations. Provide detailed engineering documentation to support and ensure the success of required projects. This will involve site surveys, gathering of field data and generating reports on current capacity and database
- Supporting the effective management and documentation/ assignment of infrastructures /Facility space, Racks, ports in POPs
- Conducting Link budget and SLA validations on vendor reports before service request order is released to the Provisioning team in other to achieve the expected turnaround time and bench marked quality of service
- Provide the required support to escalated issues from Operation and Vendors
- Allocation and documentation of Frequency sub band and channels to Provisioning and operation team against interference and operational issues
- Effective management and generation of upgrade/switching licenses to meet customer requirements.