An exciting role has arisen for an Assistant Transport Manager to join the Transportation Team at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and professional daily operation of the Transport Department.
- Make sure that all transportation reservations are logged and traceable.
- Make sure that all vehicle damage & maintenance is logged correctly.
- Ensure that all Transportation orders are charged correctly.
- Make sure that reports compiled by the Night Team are accurate at all Time.
- Provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Is always a source of information, help and assistance to all guests
- Closely monitor performances of all drivers/captains to ensure safety of vehicles and guests is maximised
- To ensure all drivers/captains are well groomed.
- To maintain vehicle high standards and cleanliness.
- To spot check vehicles daily before guest service.
- To monitor CSI results and constantly search for improvements towards guest satisfaction.
- To ensure no delays in vehicle movements.
- To ensure correct vehicle allocation as per guest request and business needs.
- Monitor all outside vehicle requests due to Hotel non-availability
- Make sure that the Transportation Forecast Control Sheet is prepared accurately.
- Ensure to maximise transportation revenue at all time.
- Ensure to optimize usage of vehicles.
- Ensure that costs are kept as low as possible without affecting daily operation.
- Ensure that parking and petrol cards are accounted correctly.
- Keep outsourced transportation jobs to a minimum.
- The Assistant Manager Transportation must be an effective listener and communicator able to motivate his team to a high level of performance.
- To establish regular communication with other Jumeirah transport departments and Airport Services.
- To ensure that all damages on car are reported to the Managers.
- To prepare Duty Roster and ensure correct daily manning of the department according to business needs.
- To maintain excellent relationship with the Airport Services department.
- Manage the performance of colleagues through constant feedback and coaching.
- To ensure all employees comply with working Time Directive.To perform tasks given by the management to assist the department in jobs that might be beyond the parameter of your daily job responsibilities.
In order to be considered for this role, the ideal candidate should have:
- Previous working experience and operational background in Transportation preferably in the Hospitality industry
- Be able to lead and motivate a team effectively
- Good command of the English & Arabic
- It is essential that you have good knowledge of Opera and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; live out allowance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.