BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), working in over 25 countries across the world. BBC Media Action works in partnership with local media agencies, civil society organisations, and governments to achieve long term development goals. We produce creative media content to inform and engage audiences, and strengthen the media sector by building professional skills and technical capacity.
BBC Media Action is looking for interested/motivated candidates to join the Team as:
(Salary Range from N100, 000.00 gross per month)
The positions are Abuja-based and will involve travelling throughout Nigeria. The projected start date is July 2014. Initial contract is for 1 year (with a probation period of 3 months) with possibility of renewal.
Will be responsible for driving project vehicle/personnel and ensuring high safety and security standards while also rendering logistic support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and drive allocated vehicle in a professional manner; being courteous and professional to all passengers.
- Ensure that vehicle allocated is clean, in good working condition, and that registration documents are valid and up-to-date.
- Ensure and adhere to security measures and maximum safety standards for all journeys, especially during early morning or late night trips.
- Adhere to the roster and schedule for the drivers to ensure effective distribution and execution of tasks.
- Working with the Lead Transport Officer, collate screen and process staff requests for vehicles and respond appropriately as may be required.
- Assist staff with gear or luggage as required, particularly at airport pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Undertake the dispatch of letters, parcels and any other consignment, and assist in running errands for the office.
- Undertake logistics assignments and tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Operations
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an NGO or in a related environment in a transport capacity.
- Good knowledge of Nigerian road network, traffic rules and regulations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Energetic and personable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess friendly and service-oriented personality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make sound judgment.
- Ability to analyse, interpret critical situations and make sound decisions.
- Secondary school certificate, though a higher certificate will be an advantage.
- Possession of a valid National Driver’s License;
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity building and performance management.
- Continuous learning and flexibility in knowledge sharing.
- Integrity and commitment to BBC Media Action values.
- Result oriented and commitment to excellence.
- Transparent judgment and decision making.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should please send in their application/cover letter with an introduction and capability statement stating capability for the job, a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telephone and email addresses) with the position applied for clearly stated on the application cover letter