An exciting role has arisen for a Transport Manager to join the Transportation Team at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Transport Department.
Your main duties will include:
- Providing courteous and professional service at all times, whether dealing with internal or external guests
- Monitoring the Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and constantly look for ways in which to improve the service offered to our guests.
- Ensuring all transportation reservations are logged and traceable.
- Ensuring all car damages are logged and maintenance records are maintained.
- Ensuring accuracy of the Transportation Kilometres Reading Sheet.
- Ensuring that all transportation orders are charged correctly and accurately.
- Following up to ensure that the reports compiled by the night team are accurate at all times.
- Ensuring that all vehicles are operated and maintained at high working standards
- Following up to ensure no delays in vehicle movement for guests of Madinat Jumeirah.
- Ensuring accurate vehicle allocation as per guest requests and business needs.
- Ensuring that the Insurance Policy and Registration of the hotel vehicles are valid and up to date at all times.
- Monitoring all outside car requests in the event of hotel vehicle non-availability.
- Ensuring all drivers are assigned transfers fairly and without favouritism.
- Maximising transportation revenue at all times.
- Ensuring optimum usage of vehicles.
- Ensuring that costs are kept as low as possible, without affecting the daily operation.
- Parking and Petrol Cards are to be accurately maintained and accounted for.
- Ensuring that any guest or vehicle-related accidents are communicated to the Director of Rooms immediately.
- Establishing regular communication with other Jumeirah Transport Departments and Airport Services.
- Following up to ensure that the Duty Roster is prepared accurately, with the correct daily manning based on business needs.
- Managing the performance of colleagues through constant feedback and coaching.
- Identifying and providing training or other activities for colleagues, in order to develop them and meet the standards defined in our operating procedures
In order to be considered for this role you will have gained previous working experience and operational background in Transportation preferably in the Hospitality industry. You should be able to lead and motivate a team effectively.
You will have strong communication skills with good command of the English language. Proficiency in a second language would be an advantage.
It is essential that you have good knowledge of Opera and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.