Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Plan, organise and direct the administration of the British High Commissions transport requirements, staff duty rosters including fleet management and deployment.
- Effective and efficient management of all resources; vehicle replacements,servicing, spares and fuel stocks.
- Manageand supervise a group of transport co-ordinators, mechanics and other support staff employed in the transport team in addition to a combined pool of 30+ drivers.
- Prepare and monitor annual/quarterly budgets for the transport team, prudentlymanaging, authorising, recording and regularly reporting on all expenditure.
- Close supervision of the official pool of vehicles, ensuring valid documentation, proper maintenance, driver competence and adherence to health, safety andsecurity regulations.
- Central point of contact for liaising and communicating with various customers, internaland external partners (including the Nigeria Police, FRSC, DFID, BDHC Lagos, British Council, etc) on all transport related matters.
- Plan and co-ordinate logistical arrangements for VIP visits and up-country journeys.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant educational qualifications (University Degree, HND or Professional Certificates)
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Abuja road networks
- Possess a valid drivers licence
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in Transport or Logistical Management
- Experience of managing a large team to deliver a quality service in a high pressure environment
- A good command of English language - both verbally and in writing .
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demsontrate good interpersonal skills
- A self starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills - capable of working quickly and accurately
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
N 493,126 monthly
- To apply please attach CV and a cover letter as one document
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nigeria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.