This role requires leading a variety of transport planning studies – large scale transport master plan assessments as well as traffic impact studies for multi-disciplinary planning projects in the public and private sectors. Working closely with Project Managers and other planning department staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned.
- Completion of assigned tasks
- Adherence to Atkins Quality Manual and Procedures
- Coordination with other design disciplines
- Qualifications - External
- Technical Competencies
- Must have a minimum of degree in planning or transportation and over three years related professional work experience, post university graduation
- Understanding of transportation planning, development/access planning public transport issues and transport demand theory.
- Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people’s needs.
- Experience in providing the appropriate junction analysis to assist traffic impact assessments
- Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards
- Competence with Microsoft Office suite of software
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both written and spoken
- Must be able to learn and retain new skills quickly from a variety of sources
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Some experience project/financial management
- Competence to assist in growing the Atkins Transport Planning Business as well as to sell Atkins services generally
- Must be familiar with working to Quality Assured Systems
- Must be willing to travel internationally
- Experience with model softwares such as VISUM/VISSIM & SATURN
- Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken
- Contribute to preparation of transport planning reports including existing conditions analyses, trip generation, junction analysis, parking assessment for projects undertaken by the department
- Capable of presenting Transport Planning Projects to an unskilled audience
- Capable of using junction analysis software/microsimulation such as VISSIM,
- aaSIDRA,SYNCHRO, HCM
- Competency with EXCEL software
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high competency in listening and communicating.
- A positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and co-operation at all times.
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency.
- Ability to work without excessive supervision
- Ability for self checking & correction of work
- Team Player
Rewards & Benefits
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants