Group Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.Job Purpose
To provide a routine product reporting on income statement and balance sheet and reconciliation function within the Product Control Division of Global Markets FinanceKey Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Daily calculation of P&L, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Daily reconciliation of the P&L and product balance sheet between front office dealing systems, core banking systems, general ledger and dealers, utilising market data from Market Risk and Deal Data from front end dealing system and Core Banking System.
- Daily reporting, analyses and investigation of P&L and product balance sheet.
- Investigation and resolution of daily P&L and balance sheet variances.
- Preparation of periodic P&L and balance sheet summaries/analyses.
- Liaison with all front office related areas (recons, front-office, back office and market risk).
- Internal client liaison.
- Ad-hoc assignments, projects and systems work.
- Design relevant business processes and system deliverables to implement new products and systems according to Global Markets Financial Control requirements.
Key Performance Measures:
Resolution of outstanding items within the set deadline.
Reporting of month-end intercompany balances before 12 noon of first working day of the new month.
Daily advice of accurate trade settlement before 9am.
Timely reporting and resolution of all general ledger differences
Timely remittances of statutory obligations
Ensuring that all relevant financial information is updated on a daily basis for prompt financial decision.
Relationships:Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Finance/Accounting Degree, ACA, ACCA, CFA or any other relevant financial degree.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in product control or similar environment (finance or risk support role would be sufficient)
A good understanding of financial instruments
A clear understanding of Accounting for financial instruments.
Knowledge of Calypso software.