Reporting directly to the Regional Director of Anglophone West Africa Regional Office, the successful candidate will service the underwriting requirements and manage the business relationships of markets handled by the region in order to achieve production and profitability targets.
The duties of the Treaty & Facultative Underwriter shall comprise amongst others:
- Soliciting and receiving business offers from clients, assessing such offers according to the Corporation's underwriting guidelines and determining whether or not to accept the offer.
- Monitoring and reviewing overall performance and profitability of companies serviced with a view of taking corrective measures where necessary in order to achieve overall targets of the Regional Office.
- Preparing cover notes and treaty wordings for individual companies using the Corporation's standard wordings.
- Ensuring regular and timely documentations of new and renewed businesses including maintenance of proper records of all business offers received in line with office procedures and guidelines.
- Ensuring prompt settlement of all claims that have met the Corporation's guidelines.
- Visiting the various markets with the aim of prospecting for new businesses and for renewal of existing businesses as well as obtaining market information/statistics for the corporation's strategic and operational use.
- Attending to clients' needs, correspondences, social and business functions and other related activities for the overall marketing effectiveness.
- Providing training for staff and clients on regular basis.
- Following up on collection of premium for the managed portfolio and supporting the Finance & Accounts Department in achieving the overall financial targets.
- Attending to any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Director.