Responsible for driving a truck or lighter vehicle to deliver and pick up goods or packages. Takes orders, intercepts package, and delivers to appropriate person.
Drivers are also often expected to help with the loading and unloading of their products, keep logs of their activities and make sure their vehicles are maintained in good working order.
Drivers are responsible for transporting all warehouse products to its designated customers on the specified route.
Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
Professional representation of the Company through responsible driving, appearance and conduct.
- Deliver goods to people or companies.
- Take orders in person or over the phone.Determine address where package is going.
- Check to see if package is damaged.
- Load merchandise into van or truck.
- Follow traffic signs and street signs to get to destination.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle, adding fluids and oil as needed.
- Check tyres, brakes, lights, and gas.
- Add fuel when running low.Take payments when needed.Present change and receipts.
- Ensure address on package matches up to delivery address.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Maintain logs of packages delivered.
- Ensure inventory loads match shipping papers.
- Clean assigned truck or vehicle as scheduled and/or required.
- All drivers will uphold the company`s policies and perform other duties as assigned by management.
* SSCE or OND required
* Must have at least three years of tractor-trailer driving experience (desirable) with a good driving record.
* Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required
* Knowledge of emergency road procedures and safe driving techniques.
*Valid driver`s license.
*Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
Knowledge of Lagos roads.