The Trust & Safety Specialist will drive operational performance within the team, while gaining exposure to relevant issues affecting other teams at Konga including
Dispute Resolution, Retail, Marketplace, and Production.
He/She will also have the responsibility for achieving targets related to resolving escalated customer disputes appropriately and in a timely fashion, investigating cases involving the suspected sale of inauthentic/counterfeit goods and/or other categories of fraud, understanding policies related to suspending/blacklisting bad sellers, as well as proactively seeking out and executing opportunities that make Konga a safer and more trustworthy platform for Konga community-members.
Reporting Line Trust and Safety Lead
Duties & Responsibilities
• Understand and execute team workflows (how issues are routed and resolved)
• Constantly evaluate workflows and find ways for them to be more efficient, relevant, and valuable both internally and externally
• Implement and refine these and other policies and processes: resolving escalated customer disputes (arbitration), investigating cases related to the sale of inauthentic/counterfeit goods and/or fraud
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality while investigating escalated disputes
• Comprehensively document arbitration investigations through written reports
• Evaluate items suspected as inauthentic or counterfeit and recommend inclusion or exclusion from Konga’s platform
• Coordinate successfully and proactively with Dispute Resolution, CET, Retail, Marketplace and other key internal Konga stakeholders
• Understand trust & safety on Konga’s platform and make actionable recommendations for improvement; support Trust & Safety team in being a voice for customers
• Work to deliver a better understanding of Trust & Safety processes internally within Konga and externally to our users
Skills & Competencies • Strong customer empathy: demonstrated by prior customer service or other relevant experience
• Strong problem solving ability for the purpose of resolving escalated issues: demonstrated by relevant analytical experiences
• Strong communication ability: demonstrated through excellent writing and language skills
• Ability to synthesize a variety of information and data-points to execute current policies and guide future policies
• Ability to think critically and creatively to identify qualitative and/or quantitative trends that indicate opportunities and/or obstacles
• Ability to thrive in flexible, ambiguous, and rapidly-changing environment
• Strong leadership potential: demonstrated through success in prior experience.