The Jumia TV Merchandiser and Planner is charged with finding, developing and sourcing products that will bring excitement, solutions and information to our customers’ lives. They shop the market to bring the best of Fashion, Jewelry, Beauty, Home Décor and Design as well as the latest in Electronics, right to our customer’s doorstep.
Business Unit Summary
The Planner is responsible for ensuring Jumia TV is commercially sound by providing the best in quality, value and experience. Products must be priced right, placed and promoted to maximize sales potential while minimizing inventory risk. Additionally, the planner ensures the right quantity of each product is available for the growing Nigerian consumer base. The Planner collaborates across Jumia with Vendor Managers, Category Managers, Buyers, and Brand Managers to bring the newest trends and products to life, as well as seeks out new brands and products that will surprise and delight all who shop with us.
The Planner must deliver on Jumia’s promise to makes sure the customer has a great shopping experience every time they shop with us. Through Jumia TV Show product innovation, storytelling, relationships, creativity, and sales analysis all come together to bring great products to life, build exciting brands and consistently create a compelling shopping experience like no other for our customers.
A Day in the Life
- Partner with Category managers that serve as a key role identifying and communicating opportunities and risks through the analysis of sales, gross profit and inventory turnover.
- Support the external media production team in writing the shows to attain sales and gross margin which will drive business across all Jumia platforms (mobile, onsite, TV, etc.).
- Creatively write cross-divisional, mixed shows. Determine item sequencing, timing and placement in order to maximize customer experience, basket size and profitability.
- Partner with Brand managers in order to develop show specials, industry expert features, supporting footage and paid item placement that increase revenue streams.
- Formulate strategies to optimize sales such as comparative products, seasonality, bundling with complementary products, markdowns, and leveraging Jumia marketing events and themes.
- Consistently innovate tactics to convert the Nigerian consumer base to the new channels of shopping Jumia offers.
Keys to Success
The Ideal candidate is agile, innovative, dynamic, responsive, flexible, passionate, customer-centric, collaborative, and results-focused.