Grade: C4 (L)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type of Position: Temporary
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (UK Trade & Investment roles)
Job Subcategory: UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purpose of Job:
Leading the work of the UKTI Nigeria Oil and Gas team to maximise the export of British goods and services to the oil and gas sector in Nigeria. This will include liasinging with major players in the Nigeria oil and gas sector to help identify potential supply chain opportunities for UK firms, and facilitate UK- Nigerian commercial partnerships. It will involve close working with UKTI’s oil and gas team and sector specialist in the UK, UK Export Finance, and colleagues across the HMG Nigeria:
- Setting and delivering the priorities for UKTI Nigeria Oil and Gas sector team, in consultation with the Oil and Gas Sector specialist and UKTI Director.
- Management and delivery of the annual UKTI- Shell Supply Chain Programme to ensure the programme delivers good value for participating delegates.
- Identification and communication of procurement opportunities and the tender process for specific projects within Shell, other IOCs and marginal field operators to Sector specialist and UK companies; maintaining and development of these relationships.
- Engagement with and lobbying of the Nigerian National Oil Company and other senior government bodies on behalf of UK companies and help promote reform where needed including input on the PIB.
- Line Management responsibility for the Oil and gas Team. (1xB3L)
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Experience or qualification in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Commercial experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Line management experience
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service.