As an auditor in UK&I Assurance, your main aim will be to provide an independent view on our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses reflect their financial picture accurately, which in turn protects financial markets.
The nature and extent of our client-base and locations throughout the UK & Ireland means you will work on a portfolio that will reflect your existing experience and your future potential. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to help your clients respond to regulatory reforms, manage their capital life-cycle and improve their business operations. The opportunity to develop as an individual in audit means the experience you gain is unrivalled from day one.
Your client responsibilities
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
• Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
• Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
• Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
• Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
• Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
• Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
Your people responsibilities
• Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
• Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
• Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
• Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
Experience / Additional qualification
ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
External audit experience
Experience in a particular industry sector an advantage but not essential