The Underwriting Officer will act as the following:
• Acting as liaison between the company and NIA, NAICOM and other regulatory authorities
• Ensure timely and correct data entries into our software application
• Continuous knowledge sharing and on the job training for subordinates to ensure better understanding the products and quality service to internal and external customers
• Minimise complaints by internal and external customers and chart a way for complaint management.
• Policy reviews and product review with the aim to drive volume and pay lesser claims.
• Work with Product development team to develop new products in order to increase income growth for the company
• Develop user procedural manual, guidelines and documentation.
• Distribution of all underwriting mails from CSU&F to relevant teams for timely execution and administration.
• Be involved in the placement slips/quotes both physical and online
• Monitoring the compliance of various SLA in the teams.
• Compliance with NAICOM guidelines and to enforce strict adherence
• Follow up on Reporting Manager to ensure monthly or quarterly returns are submitted as at when due.
• Render assistance to underwriting teams at branches when required
• Monitor all insertions to the software and ensure compliance with company’s policies and standard
• Setting standards in the operation teams and maintaining it.
• Interfacing between the underwriting teams and other teams
• Ability to aid in fostering fruitful relationship between brokers and the company.