- Use the Nigeria DHS and other relevant reports as baseline, and any other inputs deemed appropriate from USAID and partners
- Provide technical guidance to partner NGOs in reviewing, updating, and dissemination norms and standards for data collection and reporting to ensure quality
- Work with USAID in developing indicators, and provide annual reports including timely inputs, outputs and quality data based indicators
- Oversee state-level M&E personnel
- Design and oversee the collection of special data (through surveys, qualitative methods, research, sentinel sites) required to improve delivery of malaria case management
- Hold primary responsibility for quality of monitoring data from the field, including use in reports and community feedback on performance; take the lead on general report production
- Supervise any data collection/analysis/evaluation activities conducted by partners and/or consultants; and assist the team with research protocols, data collection, and data analysis dissemination
- Prepare summary reports on research findings, best practices, and other relevant information
- A Master’s Degree in a social science field
- At least five years of experience in a research or another technical position
- Experience in the use of measurement methods required for monitoring and evaluation international health programs, including strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Demonstrated skills, abilities, and experiences to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge in and experience with USAID reporting requirements
- The ability to travel extensively to program locations within Nigeria and to other places as required
- Applications from Nigerian nationals highly desired