We are currently seeking a UNIX/Solaris Storage Consultant who has strong and focused experience with UNIX and Solarix Administration.
The successful candidate will help manage 300+ servers running SOLARIS, Linux operating systems for administrative and telecom applications.
- Designing IT infrastructure and implementing technology to support large user groups & server infrastructure.
- Mapping client’s requirements, custom designing solutions & troubleshooting for complex Information Systems Management –Infrastructure / Project Management
- Disaster recovery planning with proper back-up of critical data in different locations
- Liaising between organization groups (e.g. vertical management; technology practices; domains; support teams) and stakeholders at various levels.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field and relevant LINUX/UNIX certifications.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in Unix administration and at least 8years in Solaris administration
- Good knowledge on Storage and SAN technologies
- Experience in 24x7 Data center operations support and shifts
- Experience in handling the L4 and L5 level tickets in Data center and Solaris administration
- Experience in handling the escalations
- Experience in SLA based projects and good track on closing the tickets with in SLAs.
- Hands on experience in zones and LDOMs.Strong knowledge on vertias cluster suite,
- Experinace in ZFS,VXFS,NFS,QFS,SAMFS,SAMBA
- Good knowledge on Oracle(SUN) hardware. M series(M5000,M8000 and M9000) and Sun Sparks
- Experienced in analysing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex information systems management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven abilities in resolving complex issues