• An extensive current design experience is required in Instrumentation and Control design and drafting on topsides & FPSO detailed Instrumentation design, all gained with notable design contractors and/or oil/gas companies within the petrochemical industry particularly with respect to offshore & FPSO oil and gas installations.
• Co-ordinate supervises and check all Instrumentation Design and drafting activities, Instrument tray and cable layout and other Instrumentation associated modelling with PDMS / PDS, AutoCAD etc. and ensure deliverables are produced to the correct level of quality and in accordance with the project plans and procedures.
• Estimates project man-hour budgets, reviews budgets for all designers and provide support to the Lead Instrumentation Engineer on schedule and budget requirements.
• Effectively manages changes in discipline work scope.
• Must have the capacity to work under pressure and within very tight schedule.
• Support and assist the Lead in matters related to planning, progressing and reporting. Compiles / develops plans for the production and issuing of the Instrumentation deliverables
• Participate and supervises all Instrumentation modeling in PDMS / PDS, AutoCAD design and drafting activities, 2D model extraction, Plant Layout and Instrumentation drawings in accordance with relevant standards and procedures.
• Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
• Ensures interaction with other disciplines lead designers for all interfaces.
• Attends and contributes to design / construction reviews.
• Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member.
• Must comply with HSE and quality requirements including periodic Audits at the project and corporate level.
• Over 15 years’ experience in Offshore / FPSO Oil and Gas Design industry
• ONC / OND/ HND certificate
• Substantial proven experience of detailed Instrumentation design and drafting activities gained with notable design contractors
• Excellent knowledge and use of PDMS / PDS, AUTOCAD, MICROSTATION and MS Office Suite.
• Proven leadership, coordination and communication skills