A key part of the Barclays Innovation and Customer Experience (ICE) function, the Experience Design team, delivers compelling user experiences for both customer and internal facing products and services.
Briefs cover the spectrum of digital engagement including desktop, online, mobile and developing technologies providing solutions for today and enhancing the customer experience of tomorrow.
The role of the Lead Designer will be to bring together the right designers on specific projects and inspire them to do beautiful, innovative design work.
- Leading design on multiple projects, managing and developing designers and feeding into the broader strategic direction of the team
- Lead the other designers in working business leaders to deeply understand the needs and characteristics of target customers
- Partner with internal clients to establish clear creative briefs for projects, guiding them in a suitable direction
- Rigorously analyse business and customer needs alongside potential design options.
- Build specific project teams – consciously selecting the right mix of designers based on ability and availability.
- Strive continuously to elevate the quality of the experiences, products and services that we design.
- Fostering a team environment in which designers feel engaged and motivated.
- Promoting technical development through one to one mentoring and through bringing people together to share best-practice.
- Keep abreast of latest relevant industry, cultural, social, economic and technological
- Masters or Degree in a Design discipline such as product, industrial, service, or interaction design.
- You will have proven experience of directing multiple, complicated commercial design projects at a leading agency or within internal design function at a major brand involving senior stakeholders and interdisciplinary creative teams.
- You will come from a design background and have the creative ability to generate ideas and practically contribute to design details as well as the ability to communicate ideas through drawing, digital tools, prototyping, model making etc.
- You will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to build storng relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.