Lead and develop the warehouse/ logistics business in accordance with corporate/country business strategy and local business environment to deliver maximum profit and optimize business assets and human resources.
- Accountability for own business units profit & Loss with very direct and significant impact to the stakeholder financial budget set.
- Accurate decisions and recommendations would normally result in the achievement of business results, would prevent delays in assigned work and would limit the risk of expenditures of time, human resources and or funds.
Customers – New & Existing
- Identify and develop potential, sustainable customer relationship.
- Respond to customer enquiries/Complaints.
Conduct sales visits (existing/potential customers).
Key Account contacts
- Lead in engagements and strategic customer interfaces with key account contacts
Country Log Operation Organization
- Provide leadership in the areas of product and business development, resource utilization, branch organization and activities.
- Support and co-ordinate the development, implementation and localization of key initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for definition implementation, monitoring and enforcement of service and quality standards, in cooperation with product management.
- Establish KPls and obtain agreement & commitment from top management.
- Provide guidelines and support for the implementation of programs such as security regulation to meet country mandated regulatory requirements.
- Identify the service requirement of subcontractor and transportation services, and acquire reliable service at competitive rates.
- Interact with Country Business Development contacts in terms of pricing & market strategy.
Business Performance & Results
- Responsible for the profitability and continuous development of Logistics business.
- Defines monitors and enforces targets to the operational units.
- Select and assigns key positions to reach targets.
- Analyses cost structure of production on country/group level and drives improvement measures and actions.
Championing Quality & Improvement
- Improve the procedures and service quality of our Logistics center and maintain it on a consistently high level.
- Responsible for constant improvement and optimization of production means (cost management)
- Defines and implements operations ISO standards in line with corporate instructions.
- Business Operation Management
- Respond to RFI, RFQ and tenders.
- Proposes IT needs
- Responsible for operational KPls.
- Manage and guide operations sales team in selling and marketing Logistics services
Business Operational Management
- Respond to RFI, RFQ and tenders
- Proposes IT needs.
- Responsible for operations sales team in selling and marketing logistics services
People - management
- Determine organization structure, roles and responsibility and performance target for function.
- Develop a culture of quality service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility and cost consciousness.
- Develop a team spirit and multitasking capabilities within the team.
- Plan, organize and direct an efficient and effective function.
- Develop IKOs/KPls with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal, including coaching.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to achievement of global, regional and country objectives and targets.
- Identify trainings needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional section/department.
- Strategic and holistic mindset with strong business acumen.
- Strong leadership and Management skill.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective team management and communication skill.
- Excellent problem solving competency.
Competency segment ‘Business
Customer Orientation: is focused on identifying and understanding each customer’s needs. Expresses and acts on desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Business Acumen: Understanding business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Uses this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of our company.
Cross Border Thinking: Has a holistic mindset and stays abreast of important trends that may affect our competitiveness as a group. Manages the business, giving priority to the international position of our company.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
Shaping Direction: Develops and communicates strategies and goals that achieve competitive advantages. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Constructive Challenge: Contributes to an environment where people at all levels stand up for their ideas and where status quo can always be challenged for the better alternative.
Building and Leading Teams: Knows the talent needs of the team. Attracts and develops the people who can meet those needs. Encourages effective cooperation among team members and between teams. Inspires team spirit and the commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Building and Managing Partnership: Interpersonal styles to create and sustain effective relationships with business partners (e.g suppliers, joint venture partners, industry groups, competitors, governments, union etc.) and colleagues. Is open to approaches that meet mutual goals.
Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results striving for best-in-class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.