Job Vacancy at Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, (OSUSTECH)
- Education Management
- Minimum Qualification
- PhD or DPhil
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University. He/She shall be the chief exponent of the educational mission of the University and his/her office shall serve as the nerve centre of activities in areas of protocol, external relations and coordination of various internal organs.
- The Vice-Chancellor sees to the day-to-day administration of the University and he/she shall ensure that the goals of the University are met.
- He/she is responsible to the Governing Council for the management of the human, monetary’ and material resources of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise general superintendence over the University and be responsible to Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- It is the duty of the Vice- Chancellor to see that the provisions of the law, the statutes and the ordinances and the Regulations of the University are observed and he/she may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose.
- The Vice-Chancellor must therefore be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor is by virtue of his office, a member of Council, Chairman of Senate, Chairman of the Congregation, Member of College/Faculty Boards and any other authority of the University set up by Senate and any other Board or Committee appointed by any of those bodies.
- The success of the job will depend on his ability to lead, motivate and inspire administrative associations, academic and non-academic staff as well as students and all other stakeholders to work towards the central purpose of a university which is to advance learning and enhance Went.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor of Ondo state University of Science and Technology must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records. He must be a proven manager of human, financial and material resources. Specifically, the person must:
- Possess a Doctorate Degree and be a full Professor of not less than Ten (10) years standing, at the closing date for the submission of this application, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University community;
- Possess a proven track record of academic excellence such as to be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities and colleagues;
- Possess a clear vision for the further development of the University and realization of its vision, mission and strategic goals:
- Have a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnership with local, national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies and organizations;
- Possess a proven and demonstrable ability to attract international research and development grants;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra- statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University:
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context ofthe University’s strategic plan;
- Demonstrate ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff in all categories, teaching amid non- teaching;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff students and other members of the University community and the University’s stakeholders including the State and Local Government in Ondo State;
- Demonstrate respectable level of ICT literacy;
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health; and
- Not be older than sixty-five (65) years as at the date of this publication.
Tenure of Office/Terms of Appointment
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a term of five (5) years, and shall not be eligible for re-appointment.
- His terms and conditions of service shall be embodied in a contract under the seal of the University.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in a Nigerian University and as may be determined by the Government of Ondo State and Council of Ondo State University of Science and Technology from time to time.