- Ensure that IT contribute to the development of strategy for the business area. Establish an appropriate and cost effective IT and application strategy (over a 3-5 year timeframe) in line with the overall Emirates Group IT Strategy. Integrate IT Strategy into the business area to ensure full exploitation and alignment for the best interest of the Group including the external Mercator business.
- Direct accountability for all IT related matters to the business area. Manage the complexity resulting from delivering to such a wide breadth of strategic, revenue facing, critical business units within Emirates Group, where there are a large number of diverse senior stakeholders (EVP, DSVP?s) to engage with. Develop and maintain highly effective, credible and influential relationships with the senior stakeholders, enabling re-use, optimisation, group wide initiatives to be discussed and implemented when appropriate. Represent IT in the senior management team of the business area. Influence senior business managers on strategic business IT investment decisions to meet their business needs within a Group perspective.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a subject relevant to IT
- 12+yrs of management experience of which previous experience should be in leading a range of functions at a senior level in IT, ideally within a customer relations environment. Experience in leading delivery of business IT solutions, ideally in the travel & transportation industry is of advantage. Major account experience gained in both multinational and multi-cultural environments would be an added benefit.
- Business/IS Strategy and planning
- Technical strategy and planning
- System development
- Business Change management
- Relationship Management