The job holder is responsible for ensuring standardisation, compliance and oversight of safety and security - the objective being the consistent delivery of safe and secure operations across dnata’s global businesses (airport/cargo operations, travel, catering and all international operations) ensuring that our people are fully aligned to and living dnata’s safety/security values.
This will, among other things, necessitate the development and implementation of a dnata Safety Management System and use/adherence to proven and tested processes/standards consistently and transparently across dnata’s global operations.
This is a key position which requires both a strategic and hands on approach to get things done and drive change. It will require the establishing of strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including (but not limited to) dnata management, people, and contractors, as well as Emirates Group Safety, and Group Security
- Degree or Honours desirable (12+3 or equivalent)
- Minimum 10-15 years’ operational experience in an industrial organisation with a strong safety culture including safety management experience at a senior level.
- Must demonstrate a strong personal safety ethic.
- Must be capable of taking a strategic focus but also able and willing to be involved in the detail and close to the workface when necessary.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and the ability to influence senior business leaders and coordinate a global network of safety experts.
- Should possess an in depth knowledge of safety management systems including auditing processes.
- Should possess an in depth experience in accident and incident investigation focussing on exposure elimination.
- Preferably, should possess an in depth knowledge of airport ground handling systems and procedures and knowledge of global safety and security accreditations such as ISAGO (IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations), IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit), and TAPA (Transport Asset Protection Association).