The main purpose of this role is to oversee the development of the IT strategy and to be responsible for the execution of the same within the Hotel Technology function. In addition, to manage the Software Development Department and to be responsible for IT strategy, governance and investments within the Strategic Business Units. The Vice President of Hotel Technology will also represent the IT function in the absence of the Chief Information Officer.
- Being ultimately accountable for the success of IT within the strategic business units of the Jumeirah Group worldwide.
- Developing IT strategy for functions within the hotel systems area.
- Managing a team of IT professionals in order to execute the hotel systems strategy.
- Coordinating a program of hotel systems projects (as part of the IT portfolio) to ensure that those projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Acquiring, deploying and developing hotel IT solutions for strategic business units.
- Acquiring, deploying and developing business intelligence systems and data warehousing services to support the requirements of business functions.
- Advising business functions on IT related matters, work with the business functions to formulate their technology requirements.
- Developing IT brand standards and implementing them in new and existing strategic business units.
- Managing the relationships between the Jumeirah IT function and hotel owners or their representatives.
- Negotiating IT related deals (price and service level agreements) with vendors of IT solutions.
- Responsible for the approving and controlling IT expenditure.
- Creating the Jumeirah Group IT strategy, budget and business plans; participating in the creation of the strategic business units based budgets; monitoring performance against budgets and acting to ensure budget compliance in strategic business units.
- Responsible for the successful execution of the COBIT framework through continuous improvement of IT processes and the implementation of best practices.
- Representing the Chief Information Officer in his/her absence.
You will have a Master Degree with a specialisation in Information Technology, Business, Hotel Management or in a related field. It is desirable that you have certification in PMI, ITIL or COBIT.
It is essential that you have a minimum of 10 years of hospitality or related management experience and 5 years of IT leadership experience including project management, budget planning and control, business analysis, software development, process management and new hotel developments experience.
In addition, you should have excellent command of the English language (spoken and written).