The Strategy Executive, CEMEA will be responsible for strategy development and coordination, strategic projects and planning in the CEMEA geographies. He/she will lead projects related to Visa Inc.’s corporate strategy, business strategy and development, and country initiatives. Specific projects will vary greatly in sponsor, business or strategic focus, depth, and stakeholder served--ranging from broad coordination efforts across multiple markets or functional areas to focused special assignments in specific CEMEA geographies in support of country managers.
· Manage a portfolio of projects of varied durations related to Visa Inc.’s corporate strategy, business development, or strategic initiatives in CEMEA.
· Collaborate with business line management across CEMEA Geographic and Functional areas. Balance facilitation, influence, and content contributions to help business leaders design, advance and execute their strategies.
· Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive business priorities and demonstrate results to business lines.
· Maintain tight alignment and work closely with Functional and Country management teams, acting as a project director on strategic or cross-regional projects, and bringing timely and useful insight, perspective, analytical support, and research resources.
· Communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization. Support business owner results, with a priority based on collaboration and building broad support for recommendations.
· Manage project teams to structure and solve corporate business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues.
· Provide leadership for professional development for associates to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a team of high performing, high potential professionals who are well positioned to become future leaders in the company. Provide continuous coaching and training to strategy teams.
· Develop frameworks that support the prioritization of strategic initiatives, and evaluate investment opportunities for their strategic and financial value. Prioritize project activities and coordinate resources to achieve project goals.
· Maintain business landscape knowledge, to provide solid foundational context for critical strategic projects.
· Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization.
· Support all functions and geographies of CEMEA
· Collaborative leadership. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with Global Functions and Country Leadership. Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners. Skilled in building alliances and achieving consensus to get things done. Demonstrates a high degree of comfort working in complex matrix-driven organizations, and an ability to be successful despite some ambiguity.
· Strong strategic skills and a drive to achieve results. A combination of excellent conceptual and analytic abilities, along with creativity and judgment. A strategic problem solver who can deal effectively with both macro “big picture” issues, as well as tactical plans critical to achieving day-to-day operational success. Ability to quickly assess an opportunity’s potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience. Facile across all facets of problem solving -- issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, and development of actionable recommendations. The ability to translate strategies and plans into practical and realistic action steps and to follow through to achieve the desired outcome. Strong understanding of and experience in driving change in large, matrixed organizations.
· Outstanding project leadership skills. Skilled in structuring, managing, and coordinating complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels. Demonstrated ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
· Willing to travel internationally.
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
· Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
· Eagerness to work intensively in joint teams with personnel of all levels, with a primary focus on strategic direction setting.
· 20+ years of business experience, with a minimum of eight years in management consulting and/or corporate strategy.
· Experience in or in-depth knowledge of financial services is strongly preferred, especially a deep understanding of cards and payments.
· Global or multi-national business experience is required. Knowledge of the territories is very strongly preferred.
· A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies
· A demonstrated ability to be a trusted advisor by developing significant long-term, trust-based relationships with demanding, senior-level executives at large, complex organizations.
· A track record of and commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the corporate strategy function.
· Outstanding academic credentials, including a degree from a top tier institution. MBA or post graduate degree strongly preferred.