In this role you will be required to plan, manage and evaluate a strategic framework for the provision of an efficient, cost effective and high quality Primary Health Care and Family Medicine service to all eligible patients in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements and best practice.
In this role you will be required to:
- Develop, define and implement a strategic framework for Primary Health Care and Family Medicine which supports the overall corporate strategy for medical services. Ensure this is appropriately communicated within the department to enable the delivery of a high quality and contemporary service.
- Recruit, lead, manage and develop a team of medical professionals, including defining and communicating expected standards, conducting regular performance reviews, maintaining alignment and integration with other departments across the service and ensuring efficient allocation of resources and / or distribution of work within the team. Provide professional advice, mentoring and guidance, leading decision making, arbitration and conflict management for complex cases.
- Lead role in clinical governance including overseeing the development, review and implementation of clinical protocols and guidelines in accordance with evidence based practice and ensure compliance with relevant professional and regulatory standards. Ensure corporate governance through compliance with relevant Company and regulatory standards through the active management and monitoring of regulations, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Provide professional oversight as to the effective management and operations of the Pharmacy, Laboratory and Nursing functions from a corporate / clinical governance perspective.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to identify, manage and mitigate risks as relevant to the provision of Primary Health Care and Family Medicine.
- Prepare and manage budgetary requirements for Primary Health Care and Family Medicine, analysing short and long term requirements to prepare budget submissions and integrating all requests for manpower and capital expenditure from related operational areas. Drive the provision of a cost effective and competitive service, benchmarking against the community to ensure financial value and viability and overall service quality, whilst maintaining accreditation of the service.
- Initiate strategies for continuous improvements, particularly in relation to service quality, standards of care and patient satisfaction. Ensure effective management of complaints and oversee timely responses to patient feedback or suggestions.
- Act as a senior liaison with various government and regulatory authorities, both within the UAE and internationally, on issues relating to the provision and required accreditation of Primary Health Care and Family Medicine, including the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) etc. Ensure all relevant changes are evaluated in terms of their nature and potential impact on service provision and implemented appropriately.
- Liaise with external care providers with regards to the provision of secondary and tertiary care. This includes researching and evaluating expertise available within the community, following up on referrals, facilitating and overseeing investigations into complaints and liaising with the Medical Benefits Administration team to negotiate and recommend billing arrangements.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders and customers, with regards to the provision of clinical care and management of clinic facilities, including Service Delivery, Flight Operations, Medical Benefits Administration, Employee Assistance Programme, Group Psychology, Flight / Group Safety and Facilities.
- Degree or Honours - MB.Ch.,MB.BS,MD. or similar medical degree from a recognised European, Australasian, North American or equivalent university medical school.
- Membership of one of the Royal Colleges or equivalent (preferably in General Practice).
- An additional degree or diploma appropriate to the needs of the business preferred, for example:
Certificate of Aviation Medicine
Diploma of Child Health
Diploma of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Medical registration in a European, Middle Eastern, North American, Australasian or equivalent country.
- Qualifications acceptable to the Dubai Health Authority for registration and licensing.
- MBA or equivalent management degree would be advantageous.
- 10 years post graduate experience in general medical practice, including at a leadership level, preferably within the aviation industry or a large, international corporate.
- Clinic management and leadership experience preferred.
We are looking for someone with skills in the following areas:
- Leadership — Ability to lead a team of medical professionals, creating a positive working environment and setting clear and realistic team objectives that align towards meeting corporate objectives.
- Capability to work within a multidisciplinary environment which respects and promotes a culture of teamwork.
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively at all levels, both externally and internally.
- Quality and Clinical Governance — experience in promoting a strong culture of clinical governance which promotes clinical quality.
- Change Management - understanding the requirements for meaningful change and developing strategies which ensure it is successfully implemented.
- Decision Making - utilising appropriate information (preferably benchmarked) to identify and implement strategies which meet the requirements of the primary customer groups (the organisation / patients).
- Organised and able to work in a demanding environment.