- Supervision of Teaching and Learning Programme (Academic Programme)
- Oversee the implementation of the Electronic Learning Strategy on ICT development and learning
- Supervise and co-ordinate all the academic affairs of the school and ensure a high level of excellence as regards the school’s academic activities on a daily basis.
- Supervise the Academic schedules of duties of the Supervisor and the Registrar as it relates to academic matters.
- Ensure the compliance of learners and academic staff to rules and regulations pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Liaise with the Vice Principal (Admin.) where appropriate.
- Address the implementation of the academic suggestions of the Quality Assurance Unit.
- Implementation of Standards and Norms of British and Nigerian Curricular.
- Oversees the Academic Programme of the college and reports lapses (weaknesses) to the principal.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & ASSESSMENT
- Co-ordinates the adequate writing of lesson notes weekly by all educators and ensuring the appropriate use of teaching aids during lessons.
- Oversees the adequate teaching of every lesson by the educators and ensure that no lesson is missed by any educator.
- To ensure that the Notes for students are marked by the subject teachers/ Duly endorsed and countersigned by the relevant supervisor.
- Periodically appraises the educators, supervisors and HODs, the librarian and guidance counselors and submit the reports to the principal.
- As the chairperson of the School Continuous Assessment Committee, he or she is to ensure the effective performance of this committee.
- Does regular and formal classroom visits.
- Ensures that stipulated examination syllabus and curricular are available and fully implemented.
- Ensures that supervisors and Heads of Departments submit periodic reports on educators in their respective departments.
- Ensure the completion of the school diary appropriately with the following entries
- Scheme of work
- Topics taught during the week
- Ensures that the academic standard of the College is of the highest quality and excellence.
- Implementation of Early Academic Intervention Programme.
- Manage Internal and International Examinations and Tests.
- To be able to determine, organize and implement a diverse, flexible curriculum and implement an effective assessment framework
- Supervise educational programs designed for the school, evaluating Diction Programme of Learners and Educators observing classes on a regular basis.
- Submits to the principal reports of curricular and co-curricular activities including constraints and recommendations on monthly basis and as the need arises.