- To assist the Principal in the overall supervision of the teaching and non-teaching staff as well as students with respect to the daily movement of staff, regular attendance and punctuality at school and in classes.
- Co-ordinate all the Administrative affairs of the school and ensure a high level of excellence as regards the school’s administration on a daily basis.
- Oversee the neatness of the entire school and respective offices and classrooms from time to time.
- To see to the adequate maintenance of the school buildings, equipment and furniture and liaise with Organization’s Facility Manager for repairs and refurbishment whenever necessary.
- To see to the organization of co-curricular activities throughout the school and ensure that all members of staff play active roles in this important aspect of school life.
- Responsible for all administrative matters as they affect staff and students.
- To maintain and update all records as they affect the administration of the school
- To liaise with VP (Academic) as appropriate.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of all infrastructures, materials and the general environment of the school.
- Supervise the Administrative schedules of duties of the Supervisor and the Registrar as it relates to administrative matters.
- Ensure the compliance of learners and administrative staff to rules and regulations pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & ASSESSMENT
- To ensure that the heads of administrative units submit periodic reports on administrative staff.
- To appraise periodically all heads of units reporting to him/her and to forward the same to the principal.
- To appraise, collate and submit to the principal the budgetary needs of the school for each term and session as the case may be.
- To ensure that all non-academic staff complies with stipulated rules and regulations of the school as appropriate.
- To monitor the supply and utilization of all materials required for the day to day running of the school.
- To submit reports to the principal of all administrative matters relating to the school on a monthly basis and as the need arises.
- To ensure that all appropriate uniforms are made available to all relevant categories of staff.
- Does regular and formal classroom visits.
- Ensures that stipulated examination syllabus and curricular are available and fully implemented.
- Ensures that supervisors and Heads of Departments submit periodic reports on educators in their respective departments.
- Manage the administrative aspect of the Internal and International Examinations and Tests.
- Submits to the principal reports on co-curricular activities including constraints and recommendations on monthly basis and as the need arises.
ADMIN & PERSONAL MANAGEMENT
- To Supervises the Administrative schedule of the Supervisors and the Registrar relating to the discharge of their duties effectively, yielding adequate results in the administrative standard of the school
- To draw up daily or weekly duty roaster for teachers and prefects and ensure that they carry out their duties effectively every week.
- To monitor the performance of the non-teaching staff.
- Responsible to take charge of non-academic co-curricular activities.
- Responsible to teach a minimum of Four periods per week.
- To maintain time and movement books for all staff
- Responsible for all co-curricular activities of the college.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all records pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities of the college.
- Responsible for deploying personnel and resources efficiently and effectively to meet specific objectives in line with the school’s strategic plan and financial context.
- Ensure that all materials required for the smooth operation of curricular and co-curricular activities are made available and utilized as and when appropriate.
- To maintain a register of all students on house basis and to make available such lists to the hostel masters and mistresses.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- To ensure that constructive working relationships are formed between staff and pupils
- Responsible for coordinating marketing and admissions activities in the school, ensuring an improvement in enrollment into the school.
- To provide feedback to the Principal as required on the Performance Management of Administrative staff at the school.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned to him by the Principal and the Deputy Principal.
- Provide monthly report to the Principal on key responsibility areas
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills.
- Team building skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Stress management skills
- Strong People management skills
- Excellent IT skills