- Supervise and co-ordinate all the pastoral affairs of the school and ensure a high level of excellence as regards the school’s pastoral activities on a daily basis.
- Supervise the pastoral schedules of duties of the Housemasters /Mistress and the Guidance counselor as it relates to pastoral matters.
- Ensure the compliance of learners and academic staff to rules and regulations pertaining to curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Liaise with the Vice Principal (Admin/Academic.) where appropriate.
- Implementation of Standards and Norms of British and Nigerian Curricula.
- Facilitate student scholastic achievement by teaching and modeling appropriate study skills, and assessing students' school grades and performance and implementing additional learning support when necessary
- Responsible for teaching and facilitating student leisure and recreational activities
FACILITY & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the student home facility
- Ensure a safe, secure, and clean environment by conducting daily home inspection
- Perform minor home maintenance and submitting work orders when necessary to the maintenance department,
- Conduct fire drills and reviewing emergency exit plan with students,
- Responsible for students' personal safety by being aware of student location, attentive to warning signs of emotional distress
- Ensure maintenance of an accurate visiting roster adhering to the established visiting policy, and supporting overall boarding house supervision.
- Responsible for attending to students' health care needs by recognizing students' health care needs and referring to medical services when appropriate
- Recognize and provide support to students in bereavement and separation issues
- Listen actively to students' thoughts, feelings, concerns, and problems, and counsels, when appropriate. Be responsible to the spiritual needs of the student by making appropriate referrals
- Responsible for leading daily devotions and prayer at meals consistent with the religious teaching and role-modeling appropriate choices in movies, music, and television programs.
- Responsible for providing a supportive and flexible structure from which students learn responsibility, problem-solving, and time management
- Providing opportunities for students to practice and demonstrate learned skills including manners, conflict resolution, budgeting, and cooperation and teamwork,
- Teaching students to develop a positive peer culture through helping relationships
- Facilitating students' development of individual and student home goals and objectives,
- Ensure students are taught and practice healthy lifestyles by teaching, coaching, and modeling personal hygiene:
- Responsible for educating and counseling students on dating relationships, human sexuality, and drug and alcohol issues