Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-71-2015
Type of Agreement: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 4 months
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The Consultant will support the Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation to secure maximum coverage of the launch of the Priority Action to End VAC and maximum distribution of key messages on VAC.
- Specifically the consultant will ensure the development and implementation of a strategy for social media campaign utilizing various platforms (twitter, whatsap, U report, facebook, web pages, blogs) to create mass public awareness in Lagos and a platform for change, manage and provide regular and engaging content for the VAC twitter, facebook and website, engage with print and online media to ensure maximum attendance at and coverage of the launch event and issues on VAC, engage with social media, including bloggers, to ensure mass dissemination of key messages on VAC, and identify avenues for the dissemination of key messages and IEC materials on VAC.
- The consultant will also develop and implement a strategy for engagement with the private sector to obtain buy in from key organization to end VAC.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Key messages for the Lagos campaign developed and disseminated
- Revitalised, populated and updated Facebook page with significant increase in members, likes and shares
- Daily twitter updates, with a significant increase in followers and retweets
- Private sector organisations publically support the Lagos end VAC campaign
- An interactive, easy to use website on End Violence against Children in place and maintained
- Mass media coverage (both traditional, online and social media and national and international), including on TV and radio talk shows and news programmes, achieved before, during and after the Lagos Priority Responses launch.